Many of my FB friends have been asking about the Thai Chicken Pizza recipe from last week- so here it is! (Credit has to be given to Rachel Ray- but I have made a few edits that I think make it awesome.)
Now, for the pizza dough, you can get the Pillsbury, but we made 2 pizzas with some FM pre-made whole grain pizza crusts. They were awesome! But the buttery taste from the Pillsbury was definitely something I missed :(
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Hoisen sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 10 oz Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 BIG Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp hot sauce (I recommend Sriracha sauce- the red sauce with a rooster on the bottle & a green cap)
- 2 tsp McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips (or 1/2 pound cutlets)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions (I always go overboard, with green onions and garlic, we used 6 scallions for this)
- about a 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- (Optional- 1 cup bean sprouts)
Preheat oven to 425. Form the pizza dough on a pan. Top with hoisen sauce (this is your pizza sauce), sprinkly with red peppers and top with cheese and red bell peppers. Bake about 15min until cheese is bubbly.
While baking, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, hot sauce and grill seasoning in small bowl. (Zap for about 10sec in the microwave if it doesn't mix well. Another hint- use the same Tbsp from the oil for the peanut butter, it will come off easier!) Coat chicken with mixture and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through.
While chicken cooks, mix honey and vinegar in medium bowl, coating cucumbers with the mix.
When pizza is done baking, top with chicken, scallions, cilantro, cucumbers, and peanuts. Add bean sprouts if desired. Cut and serve!