01 March, 2011

Chipotle Sweet Potato Chicken Soup


Besides the fact that I am probably the WORST vegetable chopper ever (notice the not quite chopped strips of onions)- I love making this soup. It is chunky, and it makes about 6 servings, with each serving only being about 200 calories. Awesome!
All you need is chicken stock, an onion, a sweet potato, 2 carrots, about 3 chicken breasts, some cilantro and green onions, and chipotle chili powder. Chardonnay gives it a better taste (especially for lunch the next day!) but I've made it without the wine before and it still tasted great.
We are enjoying 70 degree weather here right now, but to me, soup is always good, even if it's the middle of the summer (because, let's face it, you're probably already sweating by the time you finish cooking anyway).

Now, if I can remember to put the FM chicken in the crockpot, Thursday should be Walnut-crusted chicken with quinoa. Nervous about making quinoa, but I'm sure it will be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment