24 January, 2011

Black Pepper & Coriander-Crusted Tuna with Orange and Fennel-Roasted Potato Salad


This is a definite keeper! I think I overcooked the tuna steaks a little- I was unaware that tuna could be cooked like beef. I figured if there was any pink in fish, it was not a good thing. But I suppose when the recipe gave varying cook times for medium and rare, I should have caught on.

The Orange & Fennel-Roasted Potato Salad was not made according to recipe... I had no idea you could buy whole fennel bulbs, and had no clue where to look for them.
The original recipe for the salad called for 2lbs roasted potatoes mixed with 1quartered & thinly sliced fennel bulb, 1/2 small red onion, 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped, 1/4 cup fresh parsley, 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard and the zest and juice of one small orange.

My recipe (due to not reading the recipe carefully before heading to the store/market) was edited slightly:
In place of Dijon mustard, I used 1 Tbsp yellow mustard, 1 tsp Tabasco, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 clove sauted minced garlic, 1 tsp onion powder, salt, pepper
and I forgot the onion and fennel bulb, but instead used 1 Tbsp fennel seeds.

All in all, I think it was great, but it could have used a vegetable on the side. I'm thinking cauliflower and broccoli?

No comments:

Post a Comment